We want to hear from you.
Details of the consultations and how to get involved will be advertised on this page.
You can get in touch by:
|Culm Garden Village|
|Culm Garden Village|
How we will communicate and engage with you
The Garden Village Communications & Engagement Strategy aims to ensure all stakeholders and local communities are aware of the garden village project and know how they can get involved.
- Ease of access to information
- Simple and straightforward language
- A range of communications methods to involve as many people as possible
- A single point of access for all garden village-related activities
- Seek ideas to develop the garden village Vision
- Seek the involvement of communities in developing masterplans and shaping proposals
- Provide feedback on how ideas have been incorporated and if not, why not
- Structure forums to ensure regular engagement and reflect the community in their membership
Engagement methods and levels of engagement are shown in Appendix 1 to the Culm Garden Village Communications & Engagement Strategy.
- Create an action plan to promote the garden village and identify future engagement and consultation opportunities.
- Continue to develop constructive relationships with key delivery partners and stakeholders through the Delivery Board, Member Forum, Community & Stakeholder Forum and Landowner Forum (see above).
- Set up subject specific working groups to include participants from the local communities and relevant organisations.
- Champion Culm Garden Village through engagement with Neil Parish MP and other Government representatives.
- Raise the profile of the garden village through publishing articles in journals, speaking at conferences and to local communities, businesses and other groups.
- Promote locally-led focus groups and secure community participation through public drop-in sessions, website, newspaper articles, video and social media.
- Develop a consultation platform the Culm Garden Village website.
- Run masterplanning workshops with stakeholders and community groups, including Design Review.
- Continue to develop close working relationships with the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan teams.
We will monitor and evaluate communication and engagement activity in a number of ways as set out in the Strategy. The Strategy will be reviewed, monitored and updated on an annual basis.